- English (United States)
Please note: Submissions are no longer being accepted. Answers will be sent February 15, 2016.
To submit your proposal, you will first need to create an account (free of charge) using the link below. If you submitted a proposal for the 2015 conference in Montreal, then you already have a user name and password and you should use this account to submit your proposal for the Paris conference. If you have forgotten your password, click on “forgot your password?” and the system will send you an email with a prompt to reset your password. If you have changed email addresses, then you need to create a new account with the new email address.
Frequently Asked Questions – Submission Process:
What are the steps for submitting a proposal?
- Create an account with OCS (the platform is now closed).
- Log into your account and click on “New submission.” (Members who already created an account for the Montreal conference may need to follow a few steps in order to make the 2016 conference appear on their “user home” screen. Please see this problem as addressed at the end of the FAQ below).
- Fill in the submission forms. It is not possible to save your work, so we suggest that you wait until you have all the required materials before you begin the submission process.
- On the first screen (labeled “Step 1. Starting the Submission”), you will choose the conference track from a drop down menu (individual paper, panel, graduate workshop, or digital project) and then you will see instructions for each of the submission types. Click on the one you want to submit (individual paper, panel, graduate workshop, or digital project). Accept the terms and click “save and continue.”
- On the second screen (labeled “Step 2. Entering the Submission’s Metadata”), enter your name, address, and affiliation. In the box marked “bio statement,” enter your brief biographical statement (100 words). (In the case of a panel submission, click on the “add author” button to fill in the required information for each presenter. Please enter the authors in the order of presentation).
- Enter your paper title and abstract in the fields provided. (In the case of a panel, you will enter the title of the panel in the “title” field, and then use the “abstract” field to enter the abstract of the panel followed by the titles and abstracts of each paper in the order in which they will be presented).
- Near the bottom of the form, use the fields provided to enter keywords related to the geographical, chronological, or thematic focus of the paper.
- Click “save and continue.” Important: Clicking this button will submit your proposal. If you accidentally press this button before you are ready, see below (Can I edit a submission….?).
Can I save a partly-completed submission and return to it later?
No, the system does not allow you to save your progress. For this reason, please wait until you have gathered all the necessary materials before beginning the submission process. If you accidentally press submit before you are ready, you will need to follow the steps described below (Can I edit a submission…?)
Can I edit a submission once I have submitted it?
If you accidentally submitted your proposal before you were ready, or forgot to include essential information, it is possible to make changes. Log in to your account, click on “active submissions,” and open your proposal. Within your proposal, scroll down to the section entitled “Submission Metadata” and click on the link “EDIT METADATA.” Clicking on this link should open the submission form, enabling you to edit your “bio statement” and abstract.
Where do I enter my biographical statement?
During step 2 of the submission process (“Entering the submission’s metadata”) you will see a field marked “bio statement” after the fields for your name, address, and affiliation. Please enter your biographical statement here.
What if I lose my password?
From the OCS login page, click on “forgot your password?” After entering your email address, you will receive an email with instructions to reset your password.
What if I receive an “invalid user” message when I try to log in?
If you have entered the correct username and password and are unable to log in, or receive an error message (“invalid user”), please try the following steps: 1) clear your browser’s history and cached pages and try to log in again; 2) if the problem persists, try logging in from another device or location (some users have experienced the “invalid user” problem when trying to log in from their institution but have been able to log in from home without any problem); 3) if you are still unable to log in, send an email to sharpparis2016 [at] gmail.com with the subject “OCS login problem.”
I already have an account from the 2015 conference. How do I submit my proposal for 2016?
Log in to your existing account. If you see only the 2015 conference on your “user home” screen, then please follow these steps: 1) in the horizontal menu just below the SHARP 2016 logo, click on “Home.” 2) On the next screen, below the “SHARP Conference” section, click on “VIEW CONFERENCE.” 3) On the following screen you should see a description of the 2016 conference. Click on “Call for Papers.” 4) Scroll to the end of the Call for Papers and click on “STEP ONE OF THE SUBMISSION PROCESS.” You are ready to begin.