Submission & Registration
Submit a Proposal
*The Call for Proposals is now closed. We are in the process of reviewing abstracts.
To submit a proposal to SHARP 2021 please use the Indico submission portal. The deadline for all proposals is January 25, 2021, and presenters will be notified by the end of March.
Please make sure that you submit the information needed for your chosen proposal type.
Please note that individuals may only present once (regardless of the type of session), but may also serve as a moderator on a second session.
Please also take note of SHARP’s submission criteria, which have been adapted to this conference format.
- Work presented at SHARP conferences is expected to offer original scholarship, and to go beyond a descriptive account of archival or textual materials.
- Work should outline the wider implications of research presented. Both the thesis being tested and the conclusions drawn should be clearly stated in the proposal.
- To avoid repetition, the Program Committee may ask for the titles of previous papers a presenter has given at SHARP conferences.
- Since SHARP prides itself on attracting members from a variety of fields, language that is accessible to diverse specialists is a priority.
- Preference will be given to proposals that indicate how the contribution sheds light on some issue, principle, or practice of book history (widely understood) and/or law and literature and that clearly addresses a specific segment (or segments) of the SHARP membership.
- We welcome proposals that engage with the theme “Moving Texts: From Discovery to Delivery” and proposals that engage with other areas of book history, widely understood, as well as law and literature.
- At SHARP 2021, we welcome proposals in English and German
Please stay tuned for updates on conference registration.