Offering a dynamic and intensely collegial, international community of scholars, SHARP provides the following, ever-growing list of benefits to its members:
- An annual subscription to the electronic, quarterly newsletter SHARPNews whose timely articles, reviews, and announcements of new and forthcoming books keep members in close touch with developments in the field.
- A copy of and online access to the award-winning, hardcover annual Book History (Full members only)
- Annual international conference and various focus conferences throughout the year.
- “My SHARP,” the members-only section on the SHARP website that provides exclusive, password-protected content for members.
- A listing in and access to the Online Membership Directory
- Publication discounts on various titles including a 20% discount on all Ashgate titles, a 30% discount on all titles in the University of Massachusetts Press’s Studies in Print Culture and the History of the Book series, and a 20% discount on The History of Oxford University Press
- Scholarships to attend various rare book schools including the Rare Book School at the University of Virginia and California Rare Book School as well as the Digital Humanities Summer Institute (DHSI) at the University of Victoria in Victoria, British Columbia (Canada).
- A 50% discount on an annual JPASS, enabling access to 1,500+ JStor articles. Designed for those without institutional access to the JSTOR archival collections, JPASS is ideal for society members working outside of the academy as well as those at institutions with limited access to JSTOR and adjuncts with sporadic access to library resources. Instead of paying almost $200, SHARP members can purchase a one-year JPASS access plan for just $99.
- SHARPWeb, a wealth of resources from conference, workshop, and scholarship announcements to finding aids, syllabi, online exhibitions, and more.
- SHARP-L, the Electronic Conference of Book Historians, with searchable archives. Book History may also be purchased separately through Johns Hopkins University Press.
Do you have a question about membership?
Contact the Membership Secretary.
With the online membership system, it’s easy to:
- Look up your membership number
- Renew your membership
- Change your address
- Change your username/password
- Find your password
- Update your demographic data
- Access Membership Directory
- Access SHARPNews online
- Access Electronic Book History online
- Access Special Discounts
The ever-increasing list of new Member benefits includes:
- 30% discount on all volumes in the University of Massachusetts Press’s Studies in Print Culture and the History of the Book series
- 50% discount on an annual JPASS, enabling access to 1,500 JStor articles
- 20% discount on The History of Oxford University Press
- 30% discount on The Auchinleck Manuscript: New Perspectives